Monday, June 14, 2010

Bloggaday 120 – SotW 3


Bloggaday 120 – SotW 3

Chuck: Hello Bloggaday readers and welcome to our second Song of the Week

Tom: That’s right Chuck, but this is the third appearance of the Song of the Week on the Bloggaday.

Chuck: Joining us today is the author of the Bloggaday and has the final word on who get’s crowned as THE Song of the Week.

David: Thanks a lot, Chuck. I’m thrilled to be here. I do have to say though, I pictured this place to be a little less…

Chuck: Impressive?

David: Imaginary…

Tom: Yeah, we have to work on that. Hopefully after a few weeks, we’ll move up and get the old set from those Poetry Wed-Nes-Day pricks.

Chuck: Language, Tom!

David: You know, I have some pull around here, and Performer of the Month could use some announcers.

Tom: That would be great, David.

Chuck: We really couldn’t impose like that.

Tom: Idiocy, Chuck!

David: It’s cool, guys. It’s not like I’m making any promises.

Chuck: At any rate, we should probably get on with the Song of the Week

Tom: So, David. Why don’t you tell us about some of the top contenders for this week’s Song?

David: Well, as you predicted last time, my choice was between a few Rock Sugar songs.

Chuck: Well, we still have a few hundred words to fill, would you like to talk about them a little?

David: Sure. First off, “Crazy Girl.” It mashes “Crazy Train” by Ozzy and “Jessie’s Girl” by Rick Springfield. I’m not familiar Springfield’s body of work, but it works being laid on top of “Crazy Train.”

Next, “Here Comes the Fool You Wanted.”

Tom: Quite the mouthful there David.

David: Yeah, some of their titles tend to go on for a while. It really describes the complexity of the song though.

Chuck: What do you mean, “complexity?”

David: Well, a lot of their song only have 2 or 3 songs, but this one has 4 – Wanted Dead or Alive” (Bon Jovi) + “Here Comes the Rain Again” & “Sweet Dreams…Are Made of This” (Eurythmics) + “Nobody’s Fool” (Cinderella). And you really hear it all in an amazing richness, but it’s not distracting. Definitely one of their masterpieces.

I’m also a fan of “Dreaming of a Whole Lotta Breakfast”: “Dream On” (Aerosmith) + “Breakfast in America” (Supertramp) + “Whole Lotta Love” (Led Zeppelin), but you can’t go wrong with “Dream On” and “Whole Lotta Love.” I don’t think I’ve ever heard “breakfast in America” though.

Chuck: I’m sorry David, but we are quickly running out of characters here.

David: Oh, sorry. Well, I guess I’ll just choose from those three then. As you can probably tell from my description, the Song of the Week is…

“Here Comes the Fool You Wanted”

by

Rock Sugar.

Tom: Thanks a lot, David.

Chuck: Go ahead, Tom

Tom: In yo Face Bloggaday viewers. I called that shit Last Fuckin Week.*

David: Is he coming back?

Chuck: I don’t think so, David.

Tom: I’ll see you sons of bitches next week.

Chuck: Well, I just want to thank all of the viewers who make our little show here possible. Thank you and tune in next week see me and maybe a new co-host.

David: Real quick, Chuck. I just want to plug this Wednesday’s post. It’s the 122 Bloggaday Extravaganza.

Chuck: Well, since I already signed off, I’ll have to cut you off there.

David: You’re not making a good case to be the broadcaster for Perfor

Listening to

Some weapons show on one of the 270’s or 280’s

Twitter Tag

I join Chuck and Tom on this week’s SotW, only on the Bloggaday

As Always, you can find my posts at these convenient interwebs

http://twitter.com/daviddysart Wit in 140 characters

http://daviddysart.tumblr.com/ The best all-in-one FEANBA feed

http://thebloggaday.blogspot.com/ Straight cut Bloggaday. Start tapping that vein

http://www.facebook.com/thedaviddysart?ref=sgm if you can find my notes or +friend

Youtube Awesomeness

http://www.youtube.com/user/DavidDysart

For the Piccaday

http://s1000.photobucket.com/albums/af128/daviddysart/Piccaday/ Mass me by the month

http://thepiccaday.blogspot.com/ Me paced out by the day.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/daviddysart/sets/72157623465996877/ Like witches at black masses

120 June 14




* Tom: Suck it!

No comments:

Post a Comment