Saturday, October 23, 2010

Bloggaday 257 – The 2nd Great Trigady (Clipshow 2) pt 10

Bloggaday 257 – The 2nd Great Trigady (Clipshow 2) pt 10

“Tom: Oh, I’m sorry, I meant I can’t believe it’s only been that many. I swear, you can suck the life and joy out of anything. At least your wife’s sucking involves a golf ball and a garden hose.

Tom: To be honest, I’m supposed to read off the three songs, but I have no idea what they were. I can probably put them on a list or something for next time.”

There was a lot of funny in Bloggaday 230 – SotW 19 Short Skirt Long Jacket pt1 (of 3). The whole golf ball/garden hose thing went on for a while. Unfortunately, “golf ball” and “garden hose” were just place fillers.* I was going to go back and change them, but I posted it without thinking about it. I wrote this early and since it ended up being a 3-parter, I posted it a week before I thought.

“Chuck: A hearty hello, Bloggaday Readers, from Chuck and Tom, your hosts of the Song of the Week. Today, we finally get to the mysterious pic-

Tom: Woo wooOOooo

Chuck: Tom,

Tom: WOOO WOOOOOO!

If I can reference a previous Final Thought,

You’ve set off on such a special voyage,

A three-post voyage on the SS OTW.

Pardon my stutter, I apologize.

So where will this three,

Three-post voyage

Maroon you?

Perhaps to

The #

5?

From part 2 of SotW, Bloggaday 231 wasn’t THAT great. Chuck decides to put down 4 thousand dollars on the upcoming SotW pick, but that’s mainly setup for the next post. I also have absolutely no idea what the whole wooing thing was about.

“Chuck: What am I going to do?

Tom: Don’t worry.

Chuck: You mean you’ll spot me the money?

Tom: Oh, hails nah. I’m just reassuring you because you have a job that you can do from a wheelchair.

Chuck: …

Tom: Well, we probably need to wrap up it up, do you want to do the outro or should I?

Chuck: No, no, go ahead.

Tom: From all of us here at the SotW and the Bloggaday, we’d like to thank for blah, blah blah, something, something, something, I changed Chuck’s speed dial, so when he thought he called his bookie, he actually called my friend, Skip

Chuck: Wait, wha?”

While neither part two or three lived up to part one in Bloggaday 230, part three in 232 was a solid post. If you’ve already read part one and two, then you have to read part three. There is pertinent information in there.

“For my Final 233,

I just want to 233 about

The next Bloggaday po233

It’s a the second to last 233 of

My zombie fic2333333333333333

Part 17 of 18 is going up tomorrow 233

` Most people probably would have copy/pasted TWOTHIRTYTHREE from the first one, but I didn’t. I typed out each TWOTHIRTYTHREE for Bloggaday TWOTHIRTYTHREE.````` I didn’t even hit Capslock for it I held down shift when I was typing out TWOTHIRTYTWO.`````` That’s dedication to the Bloggaday art

`````I copy/pasted this one

`````` I typed this one out too. Shift, not Capslock. ”

Bloggaday 233 was a horrible Blog post, but I had a bit of fun with the whole TWOTHIRTYTHREE thing. And just to let you know, I types that last one out and held shift. Just so you know

“` Most people probably would have copy/pasted TWOTHIRTYTHREE from the first one, but I didn’t. I typed out each TWOTHIRTYTHREE for Bloggaday TWOTHIRTYTHREE.````` I didn’t even hit Capslock for it I held down shift when I was typing out TWOTHIRTYTWO.`````` That’s dedication to the Bloggaday art

`` Though showing up on time would help, but more on that in a later Bloggaday

```We go to the locker room and pick a locker out that’s not being used.

```` yay for a 5-hour drive Friday and 5-hour drive on Sunday to come back

`````I copy/pasted this one

`````` I typed this one out too. Shift, not Capslock.”

From amongst the number of Bloggaday 233, this little bit comes to us. The opening paragraph was along the same lines of funny and set it up, but the Bloggaday as a whole wasn’t that great. It was basically me talking about my new yoga class and some coincidences with numbers. Oh, and a 5-hour drive.

Yeah, I did the clip for 233 back when I wrote it. I flaked as I was going through it and did another one. Oh well.

“In a feat defying bones and human anatomy, the monster dug a winged claw into the wall and wetly slithered to its feet.

Paul worked a distended jaw until it offered a guttural, “HENRIC. WE DON’T HAVE TO DO THIS.”

The twisted bat narrowed its body, becoming sickly profiled by the fluorescent light. It cocked its head with a depraved smile as its teeth glistened.

With a dripping mouth, the wolf crushed the collar bone caught between his teeth and watched the twitching bat flutter.”

234 offered more fiction content. It was the second to last episode of The Supernatural Handicap Battle Royal of the Century Christmas Party Spectacular, and it had some decent stuff. Definitely not “favorite Bloggaday” material, but with some work it might get there.

“SEASON PREMIERE OF TWO AND A HALF MEN REDEEMS LAST THREE SEASONS!

I think my favorite Hake``` moment was in “I remember the Coatroom.”

``` I didn’t mean to make Jake Spanish. It was an accident”

There wasn’t really anything noteworthy of 235, but meh. Unfortunately, if you went back to read it, you wouldn’t see that footnote. I’ve decided that as I go back and reread all of these Bloggadays for the clipshows, I might as well edit them. When I saw I spelled Jake “Hake,” I was just going to fix it, but it amused me more to annotate and come up with that whole Spanish thing. So, I guess I’m busting out some real, new content here, exclusively on the Second Great Trigady.

“Chuck: Why don’t you tell us about it?

Tom: Son of a… Hmm. I’d be happy to. I was able to rehearse on your wife last night.

Chuck: That’s nice.

Tom: But to make just like last night, can you yell out “faster!” every once and a while?

Chuck: Okay…

Tom: Well… Okay then. First off, we have “Crazy” by Gnarls Barkley, “Around the Bend” by The Asteroids Galax-

Paul: FASTER!

Tom: … Thanks, Paul. Good looking out there.”

239, I would definitely recommend this one. Not a favorite, but I think it ended pretty strong. This isn’t the end by the way, you’ll just have to go read it to find out the ending, well, not “ending so much as just the last half of SotW 20.

“The bat coughed on its own blood, sloshing it to a thick and black puddle around him. It struggled against the drowning for a sound until it finally managed, “Pauckkk… Paul… Now…” It seized, splashing the gel around it. The bleeding from its shoulder, wing, and severed back stopped, and wet skin started covering the holes.

And that’s all I wrote…”

Wow… Bloggaday 241 – PWND: The Supernatural Handicap Battle Royal of the Century Christmas Party Spectacular pt 18 was kind of an end of an era. 18 posts on the Bloggaday. That’s by far the biggest chunk anything’s gotten on the Bloggaday. And I didn’t give it much fanfare in the post…

Listening to

Short Skirt/Long Jacket by Cake

Twitter Tag

The world faces the last clipshow of The 2nd Great Trigady & looks to the future of the Bloggaday with open hearts & open eyes

Exit stage right to my corner of the interweb > \/

http://twitter.com/daviddysart Plaster Caster Twitter Strutter

http://daviddysart.tumblr.com/ Hung My Head in a Tumblr

http://thebloggaday.blogspot.com/ A Little Less Conversation and a Whole Lotta Love

http://www.facebook.com/thedaviddysart?ref=sgm If I Never See Your Face Again

Youtube Awesomeness

http://www.youtube.com/user/DavidDysart Still deciding to try to capture it or let it slip

For the Piccaday

http://s1000.photobucket.com/albums/af128/daviddysart/Piccaday/ Says I broke it twice, I must have done it half a dozen times

http://thepiccaday.blogspot.com/ Because Yesterdays ain’t got nothing on me

http://www.flickr.com/photos/daviddysart/sets/72157623465996877/ From the nest in the hills chillin’ with Flynt

New to the Bloggaday? These are the essential posts to see

1 The basics

http://thebloggaday.blogspot.com/2010/02/bloggaday-1.html

3 Get PWND with story content

http://thebloggaday.blogspot.com/2010/02/bloggaday-3-1st-pwnd-edition-ever.html

73 Mash-up of science and relatable humor? It’s just Bloggaday

http://thebloggaday.blogspot.com/2010/04/bloggaday-73-pwnd-with-side-of-bacon.html

85 Deadpan humor and drama, what more can you want?

http://thebloggaday.blogspot.com/2010/05/bloggaday-85-my-public-apology-for.html

118 Maybe some practical real world advice drowned in humor.

http://thebloggaday.blogspot.com/2010/06/bloggaday-118-my-guide-to-efficiency.html

137 My new favorite segments, the Sotw and PoM with Tom and Chuck

http://thebloggaday.blogspot.com/2010/07/bloggaday-137-june-performer-of-month.html

257 October 29

* I think I got them on Two and a Half men

No comments:

Post a Comment