Saturday, February 12, 2011

Bloggaday 343 – That’s what she said pt 2

Bloggaday 343 – That’s what she said pt 2

Wow, I wrote this way back in… I don’t even know when I wrote part 1, and I never ended up posting part 2. That’s really kind of because I have to post another particular Bloggaday. Meah, I might, I might not end up doing that. Eh, I’m done with this post. Goodbye, everybody.

As I said before, I hate to disrupt class. I’m even a bit meah talking without raising my hand when it’s one of those situations where there’s discourse and half the people are raising their hand and the other half are just making comments. Despite these incoherent ramblings, I’m actually a good student, and it just seems disruptive.
Despite those struggles, I do make the occasional comment. I think a bit of that comes from a moment. I was starting to readjust to the classes because this is kind of early in my college career. I’ve been exchanging words with this girl in class, and when I say that, I mean the total DHCS (The abbreviation week is coming next week and I will explain this), suffice to say, very attractive. But stupid humor has been the medium thus far with her, and this is actually when I meet the folks from the last Bloggaday.
In the middle of the class, some guy’s watch starts going off. Now, it’s not just a beep, beep, beep, beep, beep, beep, beep, beep, beep, beep, beep, beep, beep, beep, peeb, beep, beep, beep, kind of alarm. It starts squeeking out, “You idiot, you idiot, you idiot.” It was actually surprisingly loud. It drew the class to a stop actually. He offers some explanation for it which escapes me, but he turns the watch off, and class continues. As it does though, I say to her, “I guess it’s not complimentary.” Again, it was supposed to be stupid. It’s a play off of the ‘guys walk into the bar, the peanuts say, hey nice shoes, bartender says the nuts are complementary’ joke. It’s in that vein of it’s funny because it’s stupid. It’s the poke, poke with the elbow + slurmy smile types of jokes
Well, this is where it breaks bad. I’m just loud enough and dead ahead of the teacher at the back of a very short class (MAYBE 20 feet) that she hears me say something. I don’t recall what exactly she said, but it’s one of those, “Why don’t you share that with the class,” type things. Well, frack me. That’s not going to translate out of context of the interaction AT ALL. So of course, I just repeat it and of course it bombs. As terrible as it sounds though, I loved that moment. It was such a real moment. I think this was back when I was bloggin on Myspace and I described it there. I did a quick search, but couldn’t find it, so oh well.
Dang, lately, I’ve been running into my word count cap. And I only got one anecdote in. I’ve got to say though; I’ve gotten crap in that sociology class from the last Bloggaday post. If you remember correctly, I had something of a tendency of saying funny things, but they weren’t loud enough for anyone else to hear. So when I say something funny at a highly inappropriate time, it looks kind of bad when two people break out laughing, and I caught a bit of guff for always doing that.
Aside from that Soc class, I also took a human sexuality class, which lent itself well to jokes, but it frustrated the hell out of the teacher, and again, after a while I felt bad and stopped taking pot shots.

In honor of its oldness, I’m keeping the Post-up that came with it. Enjoy!

Listening to
How Marshal forgot his pants by NPH

Twitter Tag
Ancient post is ank-wait for it-sheent

As Always, you can find my posts at these convenient interwebs
http://twitter.com/daviddysart Wit in 140 characters
http://daviddysart.tumblr.com/ The best all-in-one FEANBA feed
http://thebloggaday.blogspot.com/ Straight cut Bloggaday. Start tapping that vein
http://www.facebook.com/thedaviddysart?ref=sgm if you can find my notes or +friend

Youtube Awesomeness
http://www.youtube.com/user/DavidDysart

For the Piccaday
http://s1000.photobucket.com/albums/af128/daviddysart/Piccaday/ Mass me by the month
http://thepiccaday.blogspot.com/ Me paced out by the day.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/daviddysart/sets/72157623465996877/ Like witches at black masses

No comments:

Post a Comment